Grimes

Comentarios

• ^ GENIAL.

Debo admitir que me han entrado ganas de vomitar con la foto que ha puesto @poblera. Entre el sudor, el grano barbillero y el bigotazo... PUAJ.
  • a ver, ni que tuviera caca por la cara. es pelillo sin más.
  • Esta muy poco atractiva por decirlo de un modo suave.
  • Pelillo es lo que se tiene en los bordes de las orejas. Lo de Grimes es simplemente un horror.
  • Hombre, no es su mejor foto pero tanto como ganas de vomitar no da.
  • Ha hecho un disco interesante, tiene cosas que decir...
    Pero no entiendo el "feísmo", porque ha tardado lo mismo en ponerse así, o el doble, que pegarse una ducha ponerse un vestido y unas zapatillas molonas como ha demostrado en otras ocasiones
  • Nuevo disco in the works!!

“I’m probably like two-fifths done. I know that’s a weird number. I’m more than one-third but less than two-thirds, but I’m not one-half but I’m more than one-quarter.

The album is experimental in its own right, but in terms of fidelity and stuff, it’s also very strong. So that’s where I’m trying to go.

I work in my bedroom but I’m making a studio. Honestly, it’s cheaper for me to build a studio than to rent a studio so I’m in the process. I just got really nice monitors and I just got a really nice vocal mic a couple of days ago, so I’m just building that."

• Mucho disco nuevo, pero es de sacar un vídeo por canción dónde quedó?
  • BIEEN, LO QUIERO YA
  • Por ejemplo sobre el vídeo de Be A Body ha dicho que ahora que tiene más medios no sabe si sacarlo porque no le parece que esté a la altura, sabe que ahora podría hacer algo mejor. Y con los demás que tenía listos me imagino que pasa lo mismo.
  • Pues que nos enseñe esos videos (aunque no estén a la altura), para quitarnos el mono, mientras tanto... xD
  • Venía a poner lo mismo. Tiene tantísima razón. #YONIPOWAH

and just for everyone who is expressing concern about a few things that weren’t super clear in my last tumblr post:

a) meeting fans is actually incredibly rewarding for me so im gonna keep doing that and if u see me on the street its like, totally fine to say hi :)

b) i am still making music - but im gonna start working on a new album instead continuing to tour off visions

——> again, i want to apologize because we never hit south/central america, brazil, eastern europe etc. on tour. these will be priorities for the next record.

c) ALSO - i wrote what i wrote below not to complain or make anyone sad, but because i feel like if its possible to not accept stuff i hate and live a comfortable life then i want to do it :) in a broader sense, ideally stereotyping of any kind is something that can eventually be overcome or at least minimized. the fact that the response to this has been almost entirely positive is amazing and really nice and yeah. <3

7:59 pm • 23 April 2013

I don’t want to have to compromise my morals in order to make a living
    i dont want my words to be taken out of context

i dont want to be infantilized because i refuse to be sexualized

i dont want to be molested at shows or on the street by people who perceive me as an object that exists for their personal satisfaction

i dont want to live in a world where im gonna have to start employing body guards because this kind of behavior is so commonplace and accepted and I’m pissed that when I express concern over my own safety it’s often ignored until people see firsthand what happens and then they apologize for not taking me seriously after the fact…

I’m tired of men who aren’t professional or even accomplished musicians continually offering to ‘help me out’ (without being asked), as if i did this by accident and i’m gonna flounder without them. or as if the fact that I’m a woman makes me incapable of using technology. I have never seen this kind of thing happen to any of my male peers

I’m tired of the weird insistence that i need a band or i need to work with outside producers (and I’m eternally grateful to the people who don’t do this)

im tired of being considered vapid for liking pop music or caring about fashion as if these things inherently lack substance or as if the things i enjoy somehow make me a lesser person

im tired of being congratulated for being thin because i can more easily fit into sample sizes from the runway

im tired of people i love betraying me so they can get credit or money

I’m sad that it’s uncool or offensive to talk about environmental or human rights issues

I’m tired of creeps on message boards discussing whether or not they’d “fuck” me

I’m tired of people harassing my dancers and treating them like they aren’t human beings

I’m sad that my desire to be treated as an equal and as a human being is interpreted as hatred of men, rather than a request to be included and respected (I have four brothers and many male best friends and a dad and i promise i do not hate men at all, nor do i believe that all men are sexist or that all men behave in the ways described above)

im tired of being referred to as ‘cute,’ as a ‘waif’ etc., even when the author, fan, friend, family member etc. is being positive

(fyi)

waif |wāf|

noun

1 a homeless and helpless person, esp. a neglected or abandoned child: she is foster-mother to various waifs and strays .

• an abandoned pet animal.

cute |kyo͞ot|

adjective

1 attractive in a pretty or endearing way: a cute kitten.

• informal sexually attractive.

I’m tired of people assuming that just because something happens regularly it’s ok

——————————————————

i have so much love for everyone who has been cool and amazing. I have the best job in the world but I’m done with being passive about any kind of status quo that allows anyone to suffer or to be disrespected

Grimes world tour is officially over, the visions album cycle is officially over, and I’m now taking the time to overhaul everything and make it better

much love to every fan - stuff can be lame sometimes but its really cool to have this support <3

7:28 pm • 23 April 2013
  • Muy jefa.
  • just joined my local birding community and once my membership is processed i have free access to their entire catalogue of bird calls ^_^

— Grimes the Targaryen (@Grimezsz) May 3, 2013

seríamos muy buenas amigas
  • Yo pienso lo mismo muchas veces cuando la leo en twitter. Bueno, pienso eso y algo más <3 Ooops.
  • Pero de verdad os parece guapa? A mi me gusta su música y su rollo pero no me parece guapa...
  • a mí su cara me parece muy bonita
  • Sí, me parece guapa e interesante. Aparte de que me gusta su música, coincido con muchas de sus opiniones e intereses. Y me parece muy ocurrente, inteligente y muy auténtica.
  • En lo único en lo que no coincido es en lo de guapa, que no me lo parece, el resto más o menos... Pero vamos, cuestión de gustos, sin más.
    just joined my local birding club

have discovered that the particular bird call i’ve been obsessing over the last few months is none other than the black-capped chickadee!

every day i wake up to this bird call <3 what a cutie
  • ¡Maldiseón! Iba a volver a poner el documental tan bonito sobre Grimes que hizo la directora del vídeo de Oblivion, Emily Kai Bock. Estaba en la página 1. Pero ahora lo han cambiado a vídeo privado. ¿Alguien lo tiene por alguna remota casualidad?

Grimes Short Doc. "Human Heart".
  • Enserio?? jajaja aquellos maravillosos años...
  • edited May 2013
  • Se sabe algo de esta mujer? Va a sacar algo?
  • Creo que está grabando cosas o ya tiene grabado algo, pero de fechas nada de nada
  • Un adelantito o algo, que nos tiene en sequía.
  • WOW!! vaya 2 juntitas <3
  • Cómo no, Lena Dunham intentando arrimarse a la pobre Claire.
  • ¿Quién es el de las gafas redondas?
  • Algún forero oportunista. O uno de Niños de Papá. No lo tengo muy claro.
  • El novio de Lena.
  • Tiene cara de judío. Quiero uno.
  • Ya decía yo que me sonaba. Es uno de los fun.
  • En efecto.
  • Maemía, me lo como.
  • Yo ni con un palo.
  • I know.
    La búsqueda "Jack Antonoff shirtless" no da apenas resultados. Mierda.